Saturday, April 3, 2010

Poemnannigans

Today's a rushed day, so I, again, wrote this before I could see the prompt. I promise to keep to it for the rest of the month, though!
Thought of this after a conversation about what the defining line is between poetry and a bunch of words.

Poemnannigans

It comes as a lesson
that anything is poetry.

      Give a speech.
      Tell a joke.
      Recant a story.
      Recite a Recipe
      Spew foul language.

It's all poetry.
Everything I say
is poetry.

It's just a matter
    of knowing
where to
            break
a line.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like! There is a guy online who is driving me nuts because he insists my stuff isn't poetry because it isn't metered and rhyming. Sigh.

sarydactl said...

-the last stanza is great, i can see you breaking the line in half like spaghetti or something
-except the last line, because i don't feel you broke it right. you went back to the margin, boo
-'it's all poetry' makes the good line after it redundant.
-let's see you make a recipe into a poem
-SO GODDAMN META

Post a Comment