Friday, April 30, 2010

NaPoWriMo -- 2010

And so we come to the final day of the month! Today's prompt isn't really a prompt, but just a call to write whatever we want! So I came up with something I like to think is clever. Today's poem contains a line from every poem I've written this month, in order from the 1st to yesterday, plus one final line original for today. WEW!

NaPoWriMo -- 2010

I am there
      the pages are coming out.

It's all poetry.
A stunning view at the top
relaxed and carefree.
"Hey there world!"

Until the day I found out
I can only eat dirt
it is over ripe.
Don't misunderstand, though.
Melt ten ounces of bittersweet chocolate.

All that remains are the flowers--
I watch, figuratively, as their petals dry and fall.
This is the time of burning         The cold's departing.
I'll just sit in the corner.
Weekends all around the year.

I am always.
Purr meow meow purr
after the explanation.

Up through the sky
the rules I forgot.
The steak is gross
to the ground;
"It keeps happening!"

With a little forethought,
I'll take to those sails,
to be happy together.
When the sun comes out,
when the rest of us

have written so many silly things this month.

10 comments:

Stan Ski said...

Good summary - did you have to wait till today to write the last line? ;)

lifeuponlife said...

Great idea--has its own special charm(:

rallentanda said...

Loved it...Marcel Duchamp will be pleased!

lucychili said...

hope it keeps happening =)

Anonymous said...

Clever idea - a variety of "found" poetry that is uniquely your own.

Anonymous said...

I love what you did here; very clever and good fun.

http://thelaughinghousewife.wordpress.com

J. D. Mackenzie said...

like the premise/structure and love the result. Thanks for sharing.
JDM

1965 Footprints said...

What a great compilation. I recognized each prompt. A poem for poets, to be sure.

Robin said...

Love your poem and your conception of this. Too bad this wasn't one of our prompts! Sorry I didn't seem to have your blog on my radar earlier in the month.

Anonymous said...

nice idea. i like "purr...purr after the explanation"--all explanations should include feline sound effects

Post a Comment